NaNoWriMo Diary Day 20 – StatsPosted: November 20, 2016
If you’re doing NaNo or are thinking about it, I thought I would give you my stats. I’m a guy who measures everything*, and I’ve been keeping more than just my word stats.
Here ya go:
- Day: 20
- Total words written: 40,125
- Total words published: 39,139
(I have 986 words in snippets I will be including in coming chapters.)
- Average words written per day: 2,006
- Average words written per week day: 1,759
- Average words written per weekend day: 2,583
(3,875 on the days I actually wrote – I wrote zero last weekend.)
- Total hours spent writing:58 hours 58 minutes
- Average words per hour: 680
- Average hours per weekday: 2 hours 42 minutes
- Average hours per weekend day: 3 hours 42 minutes
(5 hours 33 minutes on the days I actually wrote – I wrote zero last weekend.)
- Average words per hour weekday: 651
- Average words per hour weekend day: 698
- Number of hours working at my “real” job: 138 hours 15 minutes
It has gone better than I hoped.
This is inspite of the fact I pretty much didn’t write at all last weekend.
I would not be this far if it were not for you out there who are reading, commenting and messaging me encouragement. It does make a huge difference.
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!
(*There is one thing I refuse to measure. It might dent my ego.)